Sunday, February 13, 2022

Portfolio Time!


    It's finally time to begin working on my Cambridge portfolio project. After about five months of learning about the various aspects of media production and media convergence, it's finally time to put it all together and create my own film opening. After creating a soundscape, a film pitch, and even a music video, I have learned various techniques I had never been exposed to prior to this class. I learned how to use Adobe Premiere Pro for editing and enjoyed seeing my hard work develop into a fruitful end product. I'm excited to begin this process and see where my mind can take me in the production world. 

    I have previous experience in coming up with film ideas through the film pitch project we did earlier on and I plan on following a similar route for this project. My team and I researched the conventions of the genre we wanted to utilize to develop our story. However, this time around, I will have more individual creative input since it's my own project so I am pretty excited to put my own mind at work to develop an interesting and authentic film opening that catches the audience's attention and brings them into the story all within 2 minutes.

    Since the project was just introduced this week, I am just beginning the research stage and deciphering my approach to the project. I plan on working either alone or with up to one other person as I believe the more people working on the project will only make it more difficult and disorderly due to clashing opinions. I also intend on beginning in-depth research this upcoming week and detailing any conventions I plan on sticking to or stretching to produce a fresh film opening that doesn't strictly adhere to cliches. Bottom line, I am excited to start working on this project and developing an idea of my own from start to finish and see it flourish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Creative Reflection

    Here is my Critical Creative Reflection. After weeks and weeks of work my project is finally done and so is my beautiful CCR.  CCR - Gab...