Tuesday, February 22, 2022

The Storyline Has Been Completed!

 

    Coming up with an entirely new concept and trying to develop a film opening is completely new to me. It's been hard to come up with the storyline but, we did it! After brainstorming on a google doc and coming back to it, we finalized our idea. My partner and I have watched a lot of the same movies belonging to the drama genre and decided to go down a path we were familiar with. 

    Jack suffers from chronic depression  (I linked the DSM-5 criteria that we researched), and also struggles with alcoholism as a coping mechanism. Depression and addiction are often seen at the same time as a form of attempting to lift one's mood. However, seeking gratification from alcohol often ends up having the opposite effect and leading to addiction. Jack attempts to mask his chronic depression by partying and abusing alcohol, which leads him into a repeating cycle (foreshadowing of the film opening hehe) of going out, regretting his decisions, and sleeping the day away.

Here's a graphic detailing the extent of the comorbidity of depression and addiction. 

 Link Between Depression and Addiction - Desert Cove Recovery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Creative Reflection

    Here is my Critical Creative Reflection. After weeks and weeks of work my project is finally done and so is my beautiful CCR.  CCR - Gab...